The security of your loved ones and home is of the upmost importance on your list of priorities. If you’re looking into installing an alarm system, or replacing your older one, there are some things you’ll want to consider before hiring an installation company.
1. Consider the company’s years of experience. Of course, you’ll want to select the company that has been around the longest. Chances are, they’ve made a name for themselves in the community. Don’t be afraid to call or visit and ask about their company and services, as well as the experience of their staff members.
2. Search for customer feedback. The company may be willing to offer customer testimonials, or they may have them posted on their website or social media pages. Sites such as Yelp and Facebook allow consumers to rate businesses and leave comments. These will come in handy when searching for the right company for you.
3. Check their certifications. This will most likely be listed on the company’s website.
4. Make sure they’re licensed. Just because a company sells security systems doesn’t mean they’re qualified to install them properly. They must be licensed and registered.
5. Ask about the costs of services. Find out what fees will be charged and how often you’ll have to pay.
6. Ask if employees have been through background checks. After all, they will be monitoring your home and you certainly wouldn’t want someone doing so who has a criminal background. Better to be safe than sorry!
7. Find out the specifics of what will occur should an emergency arise. Ask about the procedures should a break-in or fire happen within your home. The company will tell you their method of alerting you should you be away, how they can assist you if you’re home when it happens, which authorities will be contacted, etc. Be sure to ask what happens if your power goes out as well, as you’ll want to ensure your system stays online through backup power.