While the world can be a scary place to live in, your home should serve as place of peace, rest, and relaxation – all which can be provided with the help of a home security system. Accidents and unfortunate events can occur, but not so much when you have a system installed that is meant to protect you and your loved ones. Below are some benefits of having an alarm system in your home.
1. You’re less likely to have intruders. According to statistics, homes without the protection of security systems are almost three times as likely to be invaded by burglars. While this does not guarantee you will never experience home invasion, should you find yourself in this position, an alarm system will alert you and your family so that you can escape in time. Also, it immediately alerts proper authorities who will then be at your home within a matter of minutes, or even seconds. If an intruder does decide to enter even after the alarm system is going off, this decreases the time they would need to truly cause damage to your home. In a majority of situations, an active alarm system is enough to make them abort their mission.
2. You’ll be warned about fire. There are many alarm systems that offer multiple tools of protection, not just intruder alerts. Many have early detection sensors for fires, such as smoke and heat detectors, and can alert proper authorities to come to the premises.
3. You’ll be safe from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is an extremely difficult issue to spot within the home, as it is colorless and odorless. Carbon monoxide can build up over time and lead to symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, chest pains, nausea and vomiting, and confusion. Prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide can lead to death, therefore these detectors are an invaluable alert needed for your home.
4. It’s one less thing to worry about. Knowing your home and valuables are being monitored while you’re away helps put your mind at ease. Plus, a representative from the alarm company is always keeping track of your home and will be there to alert authorities should anything suspicious appear. Some systems even have apps that allow you to view what’s going on during the day from your cell phone.
5. It helps you save money on your homeowner’s insurance. Although the cost of your homeowner’s insurance varies on where you’re living, the size of your home, etc., homeowners who have security systems installed typically receive a 10-20% discount on their insurance.
6. You have access to medical services if needed. Whether a pendant, specific button, or a pull chain, some systems have tools that alert emergency transports/hospitals should an accident occur and you cannot get to the phone to call for help.
7. You can save on your electricity bill. There are a variety of systems that have apps where you can control the lighting and temperature of your house from your phone, which comes in handy while you’re away on vacation or a business trip. It saves on your energy bill while you’re gone and recreates the atmosphere of someone being home, should an intruder be lurking through your neighborhood.
8. They protect all areas of your home. Many intruders decide to enter through the basement or garage, but with an alarm system, unwanted entry from any part of your house will not go undetected.
9. They increase the value of your home should you ever decide to sell and move. Many homebuyers like the presence of an alarm system, as it gives them peace of mind that they will be safe from harm.
10. They are more affordable than alarm systems from the past. Many of today’s wireless systems are easy to install and operate, and are easy on your budget. However, knowing your family and your home are safe from danger is the most priceless aspect of all.