Whether you’re a small business owner or corporate CEO, there are many reasons as to why having an alarm system in your business is beneficial. However, here are the top five:
1. It will decrease the risk of burglars. Just as you wouldn’t want them in your home, you wouldn’t want intruders in your business. Your business, like your home, needs to be secured and protected from any potential harm. Presence of an alarm system typically scares away any possible intruders.
2. It will decrease the risk of employee theft. While it can be disheartening to know the employee you’ve trusted and paid has stolen from you, perhaps it could have been prevented with a security system in place. If employees who have been considering committing illegal activity on the premises know there’s a security system in place, chances are they will never act upon their impulses knowing they’re being monitored.
3. Helps keep unauthorized people from entering. They may not be criminals or have any criminal intent, but an alarm system will keep those who do not belong in your business out of your doors. This could include ID card only access, keypad entries, etc.
4. Reduces your insurance. Having an alarm system could lead to discounts for your business and insurance policy. Protection means more money for you, although safety is truly priceless.
5. Reduces the risk of shoplifting. Just as security systems will prevent employees from illegal activity, it will do the same for customers with ill intent. Should they go through with it anyway, however, your system will help the authorities identify and catch the perpetrator.